How to locate your phone with Google
If you think that you have lost your phone, you can locate its present location by logging into your Google account from any computer / tablet or even from another phone.
Below are the steps to locate your phone using Google browser:-
- Launch a web browser from your mobile, computer or tablet.
- Navigate to google.com if it is not your default search engine or home page.
- Type ‘find my device’ in the Google search bar.
- Tap on Find My Device(generally the first option in the search).
- Enter your email address and password just as you check your email. If you have 2-step verification set up on your Google account, you’ll need to complete that process also.
”How to locate your phone with Google”
When your phone will be located, you will have three options to choose from:
- You can Ringyour phone to make noise (even if you had kept it on silent mode). This feature is very much helpful because if the map indicates that your phone is within your reach and you simply can’t see it.
- You can Lockyour phone so that no finder can access your home screen. This feature is most helpful if your phone wasn’t previously secured with a password or a fingerprint sensor.
- You can Eraseyour phone. This is the best option if you certainly know that you are not going to retrieve your phone easily.
If you are trying to locate your phone with Find My Device and it doesn’t seem to be working, the most likely reason is that your phone is not currently connected to Wi-Fi or any available network. In this case, you have to keep trying; the moment your phone makes the connection, the map will appear.
How to locate your phone from another Android Phone using “Find my device”
Almost every Android phone has a feature Find my device built in. This service can track your phone’s location automatically, so if you see your phone missing, you can hop on your laptop or a friend’s phone and find its last exact location, then you can ring your phone if you think it’s within your reach and you need to lock and/or erase your phone if you fear that it has been stolen.
But for using this service, you have to make sure that all the set up is done before it goes missing. Below is the procedure to find your phone through Find my device service.”How to locate your phone with Google”
How to enable “Find My Device” on your phone
In newer Android phones, the Find My Device service is already placed in your Settings app, but if you can’t find it you can always download “Find my device” from Google Play Store. This locating service has been activated for locating your phone easier. Here are just few simple steps you’ll need to follow.
- Launch Settings.
- Click on Security.
- Click on Device Administrators.
- Click on Find My Deviceso that a checkmark appears in the checkbox.
- Click on the back buttonin the top left corner of your screen.
- Click on the back buttonagain in the top left corner to return to the main Settings menu.
- Click on Locationin the main Settings menu.
- Click on the switch“on” beside Location at the top of the screen so that it turns on.
- Click on Mode.
- Click on High accuracyso the circle is filled in.
- Click on the back buttonin the top left corner.
- Click on Google Location History.
- Click on the switch beneath Location History so that it turns on.
- Click on the switch beside your device so that it turns on.
2 thoughts on “How to locate your phone with Google”